Saturday, August 24 2019, 7 a.m.
The Half Marathon starts and finishes at Soldiers Memorial Field in downtown Rochester. Shuttles will leave from near the west side of Zumbro Lutheran Church beginning at 6:30 AM. Look for the yellow school bus if uncertain exactly where the pick-up will be. We strongly encourage the 2nd runner to be on the first bus, as the 2nd trip from the Zumbro Lutheran Church area may be as much as 45 minutes later. Bus pick up map
Relay Exchange Zone
20th St SE near the intersection with 11th Ave SE. MAP of exchange zone.
Relay Team Rules
Each relay team consists of 2 members. The first team member will run 6.7 miles, the second team member will run 6.4 miles. There are 3 categories for competing as a team:
- Male - 2 male team members
- Female - 2 female team members
- Coed - 1 male and 1 female team member
Registration is required. Register for the 2018 event HERE
Half marathon course MAP
What Do I Get?
2 Person relay medal
All half marathon relay participants will receive:
- A high-quality technical t-shirt (mens and womens styles)
- A custom finishers medal
- Post race refreshments sufficient for refueling
- A well run, fun evet on the city trails around Rochester
- A special 35th anniversary gift
This year, the half marathon relay is limited to just 150 teams. Sign-up early to guarantee your spot as one of the 150 relay teams.
Packet pickup and late registration for all races will be at SCHEELS Sporting Goods, 1220 12th St. SW (Apache Mall); Rochester, MN
- Thursday August 22nd from 3:00pm to 8:00pm
- Friday, August 23rd from 3:00pm to 8:00pm
- And Saturday morning, August 24 from 5:30am -6:45am (packet pick up only) near the start line at Soldiers Memorial Field.There will be no late registration on the day of the event (Saturday August 24)
A pacer is an experienced runner who is able to maintain a consistent speed throughout the event allowing other runners to join in and achieve their race goals. The TerraLoco Pace Team will be our official pacers for 2016. There is no need to sign up in advance. Just find the designated TerraLoco Pacer carrying the sign closest to your goal time and join the group. Based on half marathon finishing times, the following Pace groups are available: 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30.
On the Course
Aid stations serving up water and Gatorade are located at miles 3.25, 5, 6.75, 8.5, 10 and 11.5. Port-a-johns are located at the Start and Finish and adjacent to every aid station. Medical support is available along the course and at the finish line.
Relay team awards are determined by chip time. The top 3 relay team winners in each of the 3 categories (Male, Female, and Coed) will receive special recognition at an awards ceremony in Soldiers Field immediately following the event. Awards will not be mailed out. You must pick up your award in person or have someone pick it up for you.