2018 Scheels Healthy Human Race (HHR) Charity Challenge Sponsored by Rochester Track Club
Purpose: To encourage runners and walkers to participate in the Healthy Human Race (half marathon, half marathon hand cycling, half marathon relay, and 5K events), to promote their favorite charity and celebrate fitness. Participating charities can use the event to promote health and fitness among their supporters and to foster goodwill and camaraderie.
The Rochester Track Club Charity Challenge is open to all participants regardless of the event entered. There is no additional charge to participate in the charity challenge. The participant will need to check the box within the entry questions (#7) to indicate the charity they wish to support. If their favorite charity is not indicated, please use the “other” category to indicate your charity and your charity will be added to the dropdown box within 2 days.
This is all about participation and not about competitive times. All you need to do is walk, run, or crawl across the finish line and you will count for your charity. Each finisher will count as one vote. Relay teams will count as two votes.
There will be three $500 checks given to the top three charities (those charities securing the highest number of finishers). Rochester Track Club business representatives (with the help of the Healthy Human Race committee) will present the checks to the wining charities at Rochester Track Club. Media presence will be requested to record the event for the local community.
- Charities must be registered and recognized as 501c3 charities.
- All entrants are eligible to indicate their favorite charity at no additional fee.
- Boards, volunteers, employees, friends, supporters, anyone is eligible to indicate their favorite charity, but you must be an official entrant in any of the Healthy Human Race events and cross the finish line.
- There must be at least 10 finishers in any specific charity for the charity to be considered in the Rochester Track Club Charity Challenge.
- The Healthy Human Race Half Marathon Relay will count as two participants. The half marathon, half marathon hand cyclist, and 5K will each count as 1 participant.
- When filling out your individual entry, be sure to indicate your favorite charity(Question #7)
- Winning charities will be determined by the number of finishers who have indicated a specific charity prior to Friday, August 25, 8 PM.
- You must participate and finish the event you have selected to be counted in the charity challenge count.
- Skateboards, strollers, skates, dogs are not permitted in the Healthy Human Race due to insurance requirements.
- All rules are subject to the interpretation by the Race Director and the HHR Committee. All decisions of the HHR committee are final.
Results will be compiled from the information provided by entrant at the time of entry.
Awards will be given to those charities with the greatest number of participants and will be based on participation and not on competitive times. We care that you participate and promote fitness, not your finishing time.
Three $500 checks will be awarded in the Rochester Track Club Charity Challenge.
2017 Charity Challenge Winners
The Salvation Army Ronald McDonald House Women's Shelter